A Begonia species whose name I do not know

I have two seedlings of these begonias, from section Baryandra, but could not positively identify them at the moment. Pictured is from one of the two pots. The silver spots contrast strongly against the dark green background. I do not think this is just another variant of the variable Begonia nigritarum, as that species, as varied as it is, is not known to possess carmine trichomes on the leaf surfaces.

I only hope it will not behave like B. pseudolateralis, another species from the same section. That one has silver streaks but the adult plants are plain green.


And so you will not have to wonder what the heck is B. pseudolateralis is and what it appears to be, I have included a photo of a juvenile plant here for your satisfaction:


And here is an adult B. pseudolateralis:


See what I mean?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Plants and places: a list of places in the Philippines that were named after plants

Distinguishing Alocasia boyceana, A. heterophylla, and A. ramosii, and some words about asking for plant identification

Phalaenopsis: a photographic compendium of Philippine species